brokenbiscuits

Cryoburn - Lois McMaster Bujold I'm a bit panicked, because now I've finished the last Vorkosigan novel and I've read them all except for Falling Free, so what am I going to do now? My life seems bleak and empty. I guess now that I don't have to worry about spoilering anything for myself, I can start wasting time on the Bujold Nexus and become a super-fan.

Like in Komarr and Diplomatic Immunity, Miles has been sent to another planet as an Imperial Auditor to investigate something fishy. Part of the story was told from the POV of a semi-orphaned, animal-loving child, and I thought the child's perspective was quite realistic and poignant.

There's something that happens at the very end of the novel, something that Lois McMaster Bujold has been setting up and warning us about all through the series, but I was still shocked when it happened. You'd think it's very abrupt to have something big happen in the last pages of the book, but actually it fits in very well thematically with the Cryoburn story.